Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Getting to Know my Students
On Friday I pulled my students into my room to familiarize them with the class rules and routines. I had the opportunity to work with most of my students this past summer for our school's summer school program, so they know my personality and teaching style and I've gotten to know them. However, they don't all know each other. To make them all comfortable, we played a fun getting to know you activity called Find a Friend. It was great to see them interacting with each other and learning names. As their "exit ticket" before heading back to their classrooms, they were encouraged to share one thing they had in common with one of their peers. Overall, they seemed to really enjoy this game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds like a great ice breaker at the beginning of the year. The 'exit ticket' is a great routine tostart at the beginning of the year, to familiarize students with closure activities to end lessons. I always find great ideas on Pinterest!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE activities like this. I find that repeating similar activities throughout the year are awesome ways to re-engage students and make them feel connected :)
ReplyDelete